Information we collect
The personal information that is collected on our website is based on each customers interactions on our site. For example, we obtain information from customers when they purchase products, sign up for our newsletter, comment on our blog posts or inquire via the Contact Us page. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, payment information, product order details, personal information sent via our Contact Us page, IP address, information on what pages are accessed and when.
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- Fulfill customer orders, settle disputes and provide customer care
- Respond to inquiries from customers or potential customers
- Send marketing communications, once your consent has been provided
- Comply with any legal requirements, if necesary, including tax laws
- Improve our services through the use of non-personal information (e.g., IP address, geographic location, webpage views) utilizing Google Analytics and Squarespace
We do not sell your information to any third parties. There are limited times where we pass along your information to a third party to assist us in carrying out a task or to comply with relevant laws, however, only the relevant information is provided. This includes using Mailchimp as our email service provider for marketing emails, Stripe to process our website payments and delivery services such as USPS and FedEx to deliver our products. If you make a purchase on our website, we do not maintain your credit card information, that is maintained by Stripe who is our third party payment processor. Custom and wholesale orders utilize Quickbooks for payment processing and credit card information is not maintained outside the Quickbooks system.
Transfers of personal information
We store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US, as our company is based in the US. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your own jurisdiction.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services and as described in this policy. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce any agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: 4 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request within 72 hours.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
As the owner of Carina Events LLC d/b/a Carina Paper Co, Emily Marks is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact her at email@example.com or by utilizing the Contact Us form on this website.
Last updated: May 2018